Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sikkim Blues

O! Sweet Child of the North East wind !
Stretch me out your hand .
tumbling down in your land I wander
under the winds, rustling beneath the pale moon I surrender
I shiver all through the night
None could raise to me as you might
With the rising sun come lay beside me
And sing to me all the songs
that you probably never got a chance to sing
Let me fly on your snow white wing.
I have spoken to your 'innocence'
Have heard you laugh in the flowing water
Have forever Seen roving yaks running down your throat
Like a million suns many images float
Aghast!Why you shed drops of tear!
This crowd so shallow will torture you to detest,
Give them no ear, don't show your fear,
Sweet Child of the North East Wind!
Let some snow flakes drizzle caressing me into paper cups
Will keep as your moments of touch on me I swear
Blushed like a bride far from thee...
Let your shadow flutter over me wherever I be


( These verses are my personal take on the 'Romance of Sikkim'.Inspiration being the beauty of the 'place and people' alike,the personification is an orientation.Hope you like it.)

No comments: